Ilustrata specialises in authors of:
- CHILDREN’S FICTION: storybooks for children; novels for children and young adults
- FICTION FOR ADULTS: historical novels, romance and relationships, detective novels, conspiracies and intrigue, fantasy and science fiction.
- NON-FICTION: Health, self-help, personal development and wellbeing
We do not represent academic authors, nor playwrights nor poetry. We recommend poets to contact publishers of poetry directly..
If your writing suits the type of book that we represent, send us an e-mail with:
- a brief summary of your experience (tell us why you are qualified to write good books on these subjects)
- a summary of the book in about ten lines.
- why you write and who is your reader (or where you would put your books in a bookshop, with which published authors)
- information on other books you have published, if any
- details of other agencies or publishers you have contacted, if any.
Please also send the first 50 pages of novels for YA and adults, or the complete story and a sample of illustrations for picture books, as a PDF attachment (only PDF).